- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Song Laboratory Workshop – Berlin
22. Juli 2018 @ 11:00 - 14:00
* Song Laboratory workshop *
Led by Alina Jurczyszyn & Kamila Bigus from Laboratorium Pieśni / Song Laboratory
Laboratorium Pieśni (Song Laboratory) leads traditional singing workshops, using Alina Jurczyszyn author’s method of work with voice, body and breath, inspired by trainings of Centre for Theatre Practices GARDZIENICE and music works of Grotowski Institute, in its forest base in Brzezinka (Poland). Workshops are an opportunity to meet within a song, creating a space for free creativity for those, who have a natural need of vocal expression and would like to start (or continue) an adventure with the voice and traditional songs, as a material for work.
Workshops are focused on:
1. group practise of music and traditional singing (working with traditional songs, learning singing in traditional polyphony);
2. phenomenon of voice and its strengthening (emission, voice projection, breath training);
3. awakening of the natural human musicality (the musical sensation of the world);
4. partner and group activities (building a state of mindfulness, mutual respect and responsibility for common work, ability to fit to the group, creating a creative energy, mutual support and exploiting the potential of each participant).
How to prepare:
Take comfortable clothes (we will move) and water. We work barefoot or in comfortable indoor shoes. Bring one traditional song that you know by heart (no matter what language) that you can share with the group.
Please note that even though we will dive deep into ourselves and our voice, this is a beginners course into voice practice.
However, singers from all levels are encouraged to take part in this special atmosphere that Alina and Kamila will create together with you.
The workshop will take place at the striking ‚Gotischer Saal‘, part of a gothic building complex in Kreuzberg, Berlin.
The language of conduct is English.
a singer, for about ten years has worked with traditional songs from many cultures, leading workshops, travelling, gathering songs at their sources, a graduate of Akademia Praktyk Teatralnych Gardzienice and the faculty of humanities with the specialisation of theatre studies at the University of Gdańsk, a field researcher (Albania, Serbia, Macedonia, Poland); founder of bands: Laboratorium Pieśni (Laboratory of the Song) and Annutara, an actress (Gardzienice, Off the Bicz Theatre), a director (Seasons, Empty Nights – Songs that come to an end), artistic coordinator of the Laboratory of the Song Academy and the Etnowiosnowisko Festival.
a violinist, graduate of the Stanisław Moniuszko State Academy of Music in Gdansk, a session and orchestral musician, member of many musical projects in Tri-City: Annutara, Laboratorium Pieśni (Laboratory of the Song), Kropki, False Month, Crane days
Timing of the workshop:
Sunday, 22th July, 11:00-14:00
Maximum participants: 40
45€ (with registration before 01.06.)
49€ (with registration after 01.06.)
Info and registration:
Subject: Song laboratory Berlin